Saturday, June 9, 2012

Middle Level Website


I found a great website for novice and experienced middle level teachers.  Education World is a great website with an abundance of information about curriculum, professional development, how to write lesson plans, etc.  Also Education World has hyperlinks to different websites that are teacher-made and great for research.  Education World fits into the scope of This We Believe under the characteristics: Educators value young adolescents and are prepared to teach them and Leaders are committed to and knowledgeable about this age group, educational research, and best practices.  The web address for Education World is http://www.educationworld.com/a_curr/curr174.shtml    

4 comments:

  1. Reading further down on the site the entry on Motivation and Middle Level Students is referenced in ERIC, with I use often in my research. The Middle School Survival Guide sounds good, too. I started my career in a traditional 7-8th grade Junior High. It was a fight for survival, but I did. I really enjoy teaching any grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went ahead and downloaded the middle school survival guide... It seems to have lots of helpful info on what to do when faced with a problem as well as good advice.

      Delete
  2. This site seems to be super helpful. I looked at it and I love the "new teacher advisor." I am currently looking for a job and the infor is greatly appreciated. It really has ideas for everything. I think this site is a great tool for any teacher to have at their disposal. I like their project ideas and their lesson plans. I looked at their science info and love the experiments they have, can't wait to use some of these ideas in my classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great resource! This is so encouraging to see educators helping educators. In my current job we have weekly meetings where we share 'best practices' of how to communicate with our customers or on how we closed a sale. Sites like these are like the best practices of teaching and I am so excited to utlize some of them in my classroom next year!

    ReplyDelete