Monday, June 11, 2012


Pocahontas Middle School - A Day In The Life of 6th GradeVideo
The Pocahontas Middle School in Colorado created the video, A Day in the Life of 6th Grade as part of orientation to prepare incoming 6th graders.  The video is a good support service to meet the needs of the adolescents as a part of the guidance and support mentioned in This We Believe.  The video can be viewed on Youtube.

3 comments:

  1. What better way to find out what to expect than to hear it from people who JUST experienced it?! This is so awesome. Guidance councilors are great and very much needed for certain situations; however, this will reach and connect with the upcoming students on a much more personal level than an orientation session with someone they see as very far removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea of a video to have at open house everytime students start a new school, like when they start middle school and high school. This video really tells the students what is expected of them at this new school. I also love how this school gives each student a lap top and tells them to leave their back packs in their lockers. I think my back hurt all throughout Jr high and High School because my books were always so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video is a great way to make incoming students more comfortable about the new experiences that lie ahead of them. I agree that the video is a great support tool. It makes me think back to when I entered middle school. It would have been a great opportunity to hear stories and get advice from students who came before me.

    ReplyDelete