Wednesday, June 13, 2012

NASSP and ARTICLES


While exploring the NASSP website for podcasts, I found some interesting articles on Common Core. Arkansas’ involvement is the area in which I am most interested. NASSP partners with many organizations such as Herff Jones to recognize outstanding students; two Arkansas winners are recognized in an article. This site exhibits many of the characteristics of TWB: Leadership and Organization and Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, Culture and Community. NASSP supports teaming, flexible instruction time, interdisciplinary instruction, technology, individualization, and standard-based assessments.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very important that the educational system puts emphasis on students and/or groups who excel. Recognition can be a very strong motivator and if students feel they will be noticed for their efforts they are much more likely to go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recognizing students for excellence in academics is very important. Too often in schools, excellence in athletics is recognized more than excellence in academics. I believe it is our duty as teachers to expect high achievement from our students and praise them accordingly.

    ReplyDelete