Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome Group 4 and others. I hope the blog is easy to understand and helpful.

9 comments:

  1. Looks great- Thank you! Looking forward to meeting with you all tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are now linked to the Blackboard shell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cartoon I found was funny and reminded me of sheer panic for any new teacher. Once when we had a tornado drill, five of us took our classes out on the practice field, thinking it was a fire drill. Embarassing! It was a learning experience I never forgot. We as teachers have to assure the safety of our students. We have got to know the procedures within the environment.
    http://www.offthemark.com/cartoons/middle+school/pg/2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. TheReader is Charlene Mason. I had to get my granddaughter to change it for me.

      Delete
    3. That's horrible, it is something I am afraid will happen to me too. I agree that it is very important to know emergency procedures, but when you are new it is all kind of scary. LOL

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I moved to Arkansas in 2006 and began participating in professional development training, I have been overly satisfied with the training I have received. To be able to wear all the hats that an educator is required to don, the teacher must be trained as to how to implement these requirements sanely in the classroom. Arkansas educators must be ready to tackle Common Core- prepared and sold on the implementation. I value my students and I want to use the best approach at teaching ALL students. This cartoon explores the Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment segment of the 16 Characteristics; an educator does value the student and must be prepared to teach all students. Leadership and Organization is also a center piece of the cartoon; an educator never knows when wearing different hat will be necessary- teacher, counselor,teaching a special needs student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teachers.ab.ca I forgot to include the site for the cartoon.

      Delete