Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Middle School Webquest- Social Studies


https://www.inetlibrary.com/frame.html?table=library&id=54754

The use of technology in the classroom is an effective teaching strategy that helps teachers get students more involved in their own education.  Webquests are great tools for teachers to incorporate technology into the classroom.  They take students on educational journeys and help them to comprehend essential content information.  Also, many webquests incorporate more than one subject area.  I chose a social studies webquest because I plan to teach this subject. The webquest covers the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution.  I would use this particular webquest in a 7th grade Civics class.  The webquest relates to “This We Believe” under the characteristic: Educators use multiple learning and teaching approaches.     

2 comments:

  1. My social studies classes are able to visit museums, historical landmarks, military battlefields with just a click of the mouse. Most of those places my students will never visit for themselves.One web site allows the students to travel to America aboard the Mayflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that webquests make things accessible to students that would not be otherwise. They are a great tool for schools to have since technology is our future. It is definitely a great way for teachers to present information in different ways to students.

    ReplyDelete