Saturday, June 9, 2012

Great Middle Level Website

The website I found that is really helpful for Middle School teachers is http://www.amle.org/. It is a great resource and has many ideas readily available for you to look at. It has many great links, including the "this We Believe." The Professinal Preparation tab is one that I believe would be most useful to teachers striving to achieve the goal in the "This We Believe." It tells you how to deal with young adolescents, their development, about the curriculum, pklanning, teaching. i really like the site and am hoping to use it in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. The article, Highly Qualified: A Balanced Approach
    emphasizes the ongoing teacher development that leads to better prepared educators which is a goal of This We Believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professional development really is a part of effective teaching that I think is often overlooked. I felt growing up, that some of my teachers hadn't changed their strategies (or lesson plans and worksheets) in the last 30 years. It is so important for us as educators to be able to connect with our students on a personal level. If we do not continue our training on how to relate to the students we are currently teaching there is no way we will be able to effectively do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I liked most about the site was the information it had on professional development and research for middle school. It is pertinent that we, as teachers, are trained using the best practices for the field.

    ReplyDelete