Sunday, June 10, 2012

Middle Level Cartoon


The cartoon I found was funny and reminded me of sheer panic for any new teacher. Once when we had a tornado drill, five of us took our classes out on the practice field, thinking it was a fire drill. Embarrassing! It was a learning experience I never forgot.  We as teachers have to assure the safety of our students. We have got to know the procedures within the environment. I thought this teacher might rethink Leaders demonstrate courage. HaHa!

  

5 comments:

  1. What's the connention to This We Believe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A teacher must be prepared to respond wisely to safety procedures to provide a safe school environment as indicated within Culture and Community in the 16 characteristics of This We Believe.

      Delete
  2. HA! I think your story was even funnier than the cartoon! A safe school environment is definitely something that is front of mind as a culture right now. With the sudden outbreak (not that it didn't happen before) in school violence and bullying we need for our students to feel like when they walk into our classroom they are just as important to us and respected by us as any other student in the class. To some students school is a safe haven from a home life that is less than encouraging; therefore, we need to provide them with some of the normalcy they so badly desire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. in order for students to feel safe teachers need to be properly trained on emergency procedures, and as I keep saying communication is key. Administrators need to make sure all the teachers are on the same page so that what happened to Charlene doesn't happen. I must say, Charlene, at least you were not alone!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was funny! It is vital that we know proper emergency procedures so that we can effectively teach those procedures to our students. Also it is important to stay calm. If you panic your students will. Always make sure your students feel safe and secure.

    ReplyDelete